June 2021 :: Newsletter

Command Staff

I love reading these newsletters. You guys continue to do amazing work! Thank you for taking the time and putting forth the effort to make such an enjoyable read 🙂

I teared up with the big Dan and little Ann segment (From where the red fern grows) It always gets me!!!

Edited by McMillan 8th ID
  • Haha 1

CIB-3-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Silver-Star-1.jpgBronze-Star-1.jpg
World-War-II-Victory-3-1.jpg European-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpgBingo-2.jpg

Personnel-1.png
SS-6-Months-1.png

8 hours ago, McMillan 8th ID said:

I love reading these newsletters. You guys continue to do amazing work! Thank you for taking the time and putting forth the effort to make such an enjoyable read 🙂

I teared up with the big Dan and little Ann segment (From where the red fern grows) It always gets me!!!

Ever since I was a kid I wanted two dogs, 1 male and 1 female. Brother and sister. I blame that book. Fucking mountain lion.

• Sad 1

CIB-3-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Meritorious_Unit_Citation_5.jpgPresidential_Unit_Citation_5.jpg

Legion-of-Merit-1.jpgBronze-Star-4-1.jpgAmerican-Defense-Service-3-1.jpg.1eca1161768f476c4b22f371f9f9d870.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgArmy-Achievement.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgWorld-War-II-Victory-2-1.jpgBingo.jpg

operations-1.png

SS-2-Years.png

Realism Leader/Assistant Record: 7-0

Absolutely amazing Newsletter as always and congratulations on the win against the 1st! Shows that your excellent leadership, practice, and dedication get the job done! Great victory against the 3te in addition; well done!

Loved the detail and layouts of the D-Day operation as well, contained a lot of information and the maps show exactly how far across and large this operation actually was.

I also love these interviews, so many fun and interesting questions! How do ya come up with them? XD

All the sports of the era are super fun to read about, shows ya how much sports has changed over time as well.
Some epic highlights too, I seriously gotta start recording gameplay .. I'm terrible, but sometimes I get REALLY lucky lol

Lastly, I've always got to save the best for it. The poem at the end was beyond perfect to honor the fallen. Garza, it was incredible and thank you for sharing it with everyone.

• Like 2

8th ID Ribbons/Medals

***** COMBAT BADGES ***** CIB-2-1.png

***** UNIT CITATIONS ***** Meritorious-Unit-Citation-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

***** 2nd ROW *****

***** 1st ROW ***** Silver-Star-1.jpgArmy_Service_Ribbon.jpgBingo-3.jpg

***** OFFICE INSIGNIAS / CHALLENGE COIN ***** challenge_coin.png Personnel-1.png recruiter-1.png operations-1.png

***** WEAPON CHALLENGES ***** thompson_past.pngredrocket_current.png

***** SERVICE STRIPES ***** SS-6-Months.png

Intra-Service Ribbons/Medals

***** 9th ROW ***** Kc88h8p.jpgDTWOTtw.jpg

***** 8th ROW ***** 8FR6Azk.jpgEtM65D0.png32jSMnW.pngogPq3PP.png

***** 7th ROW ***** tb46yaz.pngrOsJSx5.pngOs0TvTA.pngSrf4IPb.jpg

***** 6th ROW ***** JmZm8bW.jpgN1bA3CM.pngeESmWBI.pngz7oMcp1.jpg

***** 5th ROW ***** pQ7QFfR.png1BVAW4O.jpgoUiJNJv.pngHotitLk.png

***** 4th ROW ***** N7oiHBJ.jpgGUje5In.jpgQrfWMpR.pngF230p7L.png

***** 3rd ROW ***** qHlZ37O.jpgRXNui9M.jpgGvLkNQ2.jpgE8CnupD.jpg

***** 2nd ROW ***** giuUofb.jpgKviw5RC.pngNLzprj6.jpgZh3vEL5.png

***** 1st ROW ***** l4me9Bb.pngcqqKC8S.pnghnriSbp.jpghDv6VGt.jpg

"A foil sword doth not a ninja make."

***** BADGES ***** 8BSRfQm.png liY3wVr.pngXLtjtW9.png3lwUXqg.pngtp040eV.pngfCkVAlh.png5pdSqhi.png

Retired
BCT Class 117 | Nov 13, 2009