Why Should I Join the 8th ID?
That's a very good question. We're very aware that Day of Defeat Source's realism competition seen is nearly done for. There are only a small number of communities around that are still willing to participate in realisms events with other communities. Sure, we also don't have a very active public server, but there are times when we all get together and can populate it. What sets us apart from the other communites extends beyond just DODS. We're more than DODS. We regularly play other games together.
Ready to take the plunge? Before enlisting, please read the following rules and requirements:
- Racist, discriminatory, sexist, or hateful speech is not permitted, which includes any speech that is used to offend any single person or group of people. This also includes words and phrases in player names. This is our ZERO tolerance policy and will result in a permanent ban from our servers.
- If you encounter a player you believe is cheating, you can report them via the links provided on the website. DO NOT accuse players of cheating or hacking in game.
- Political or religious discussions, or player names, are not permitted.
- Family jokes are not permitted, which includes joking about your own family.
- Advertising for other units is not permitted, including recruiting for units outside of the 8th ID on our servers.
- Spamming the microphone is not permitted.
- Voice chat is restricted to English only.
- Friendly fire is on. Please watch your fire around teammates when no enemies are present.
- Sprays cannot contain any type of nudity or pornography.
- Do not block paths with unbreakable or hard-to-move objects (pianos, wardrobes, etc.).
- Listen to and follow the instructions of all admins.
- Server starts on dod_donner. Flags will be turned on at 6v6. Rotation can begin at admin discretion after 10v10.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your immediate removal from the server.
- All rules from the public server apply to the realism server (Except Barricading).
- No Floating (positions must be as realistic as possible).
- Prop Boosting is allowed.
- Full Barricades are allowed.
- Full Weapon Pickups.
- No Skyboxing Grenades.
- Roofs are not allowed unless specified by the realism leader.
- AVA is rifles & pistols only, no proning and no camping more than 5 seconds
- Do not use any map glitches or exploits
- Stay in spawn on attack until the round is live.
- You are not allowed to pass mid before !live for any reason.
- The Realism Leader has the final say.
1. Read the TACSOP for Unit Procedures and Policy
2. You must be 16 years of age or older.
3. You must not have a VAC or game ban on your account.
4. While we do not require a certain amount of hours each month, we do ask that you have at least 3 hours of play time on our server before enlisting.
5. You will be required to participate in at least ONE realism event each month.
6. You will enlist as a recruit, and promotions are done as needed based on the servers' activity and in our community on Discord.
7. While a recruit you will be restricted to using a rifle class.
8. You will be expected to abide by our server rules when playing on our server(s) and act respectful and professional while wearing our tags on our and any DoD:S server.
You will be asked to provide your Steam Unique ID which you can find by searching your player name on gameME.
When you create your enlistment post, please make the subject either:
If it is your first time in the 8th ID: Application: First and Last Name
If you have previously served in the 8th ID: Re-Enlistment: First and Last Name
To enlist, please click HERE.