What do you do?

Lanier 8th ID

For fun? Just play a bunch of video games honestly lol though I'm also part of a few organizations that deal more with outside life 😛

SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism)
www.sca.org
Basically a medieval re-creation group and we do our own thing and what not. There's royalty and stuff too.

N-SSA (North-South Skirmish Association)
www.n-ssa.org
Not really civil war re-enactment stuff, we 'skirmish' Basically, we dress up and then shoot at targets in competition shoots with period weapons. (Muskets, Carbine, Mortars, Cannons, Revolvers, etc.) All black powder weapons.

As for work .. well, it's an interesting time right now. I'm a Senior Sales Engineer at SolarWinds
www.solarwinds.com
Can't really go into much here because of legal reasons with everything going on lol

• Like 1

8th ID Ribbons/Medals

***** COMBAT BADGES ***** CIB-2-1.png

***** UNIT CITATIONS ***** Meritorious-Unit-Citation-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

***** 2nd ROW ***** Silver-Star-1.jpg

***** 1st ROW ***** Army_Service_Ribbon.jpgBingo-3.jpg Legion-of-Merit-1.jpg

***** OFFICE INSIGNIAS / CHALLENGE COIN ***** challenge_coin.png Personnel-1.png recruiter-1.png operations-1.png

***** WEAPON CHALLENGES ***** thompson_past.pngredrocket_current.png

***** SERVICE STRIPES ***** SS-6-Months.png

Intra-Service Ribbons/Medals

***** 9th ROW ***** Kc88h8p.jpgDTWOTtw.jpg

***** 8th ROW ***** 8FR6Azk.jpgEtM65D0.png32jSMnW.pngogPq3PP.png

***** 7th ROW ***** tb46yaz.pngrOsJSx5.pngOs0TvTA.pngSrf4IPb.jpg

***** 6th ROW ***** JmZm8bW.jpgN1bA3CM.pngeESmWBI.pngz7oMcp1.jpg

***** 5th ROW ***** pQ7QFfR.png1BVAW4O.jpgoUiJNJv.pngHotitLk.png

***** 4th ROW ***** N7oiHBJ.jpgGUje5In.jpgQrfWMpR.pngF230p7L.png

***** 3rd ROW ***** qHlZ37O.jpgRXNui9M.jpgGvLkNQ2.jpgE8CnupD.jpg

***** 2nd ROW ***** giuUofb.jpgKviw5RC.pngNLzprj6.jpgZh3vEL5.png

***** 1st ROW ***** l4me9Bb.pngcqqKC8S.pnghnriSbp.jpghDv6VGt.jpg

"A foil sword doth not a ninja make."

***** BADGES ***** 8BSRfQm.png liY3wVr.pngXLtjtW9.png3lwUXqg.pngtp040eV.pngfCkVAlh.png5pdSqhi.png

Retired
BCT Class 117 | Nov 13, 2009

For fun I really enjoy hiking, backpacking, seeing new places, cooking, reading, fishing and yoga. I also really enjoy gardening but haven't been able to for the past couple of years. Outside of dods, I play games like civ6, daiblo 3, xcom2 and slay the spire on my switch.  

For work, I'm currently on a hiatus and have been for the last year and a half.  Wife and I bought a camper, renovated it and have been traveling around the US living as cheaply and minimally as we can.  Before that I was in the Coast Guard then did territory sales in Idaho, Montana and Washington 🙂

• Like 1

CIB-3-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Silver-Star-1.jpgBronze-Star-1.jpg
World-War-II-Victory-3-1.jpg European-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpgBingo-2.jpg

Personnel-1.png
SS-6-Months-1.png

6 minutes ago, McMillan 8th ID said:

For fun I really enjoy hiking, backpacking, seeing new places, cooking, reading, fishing and yoga. I also really enjoy gardening but haven't been able to for the past couple of years. Outside of dods, I play games like civ6, daiblo 3, xcom2 and slay the spire on my switch.  

For work, I'm currently on a hiatus and have been for the last year and a half.  Wife and I bought a camper, renovated it and have been traveling around the US living as cheaply and minimally as we can.  Before that I was in the Coast Guard then did territory sales in Idaho, Montana and Washington 🙂

I'd love to see pics of the camper! I have thought about doing this for so long. I'd be really tempted if we didn't have a little one. 

CIB-2-1.pngPathfinderBadge.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

Army Commendation Ribbon Legion-of-Merit-1.jpg Professional Development Ribbon

PrisonerofWar.jpgArmy Service Ribbon.jpgPurple-Heart-1.jpgBronze-Star-1.jpg

Good-Conduct-1.jpgSoldiers-Medal-1.jpgWorld-War-II-Victory-2-1.jpg Bingo-6.jpg

OWI.pngoperations-1.pngrecruiter-1.png training.png 

SecondServiceStripe.jpg

40 minutes ago, Noelle 8th ID said:

I'd love to see pics of the camper! I have thought about doing this for so long. I'd be really tempted if we didn't have a little one. 

I posted some pictures on discord, it was easier.  We seen alot of people with kids doing similar things as us but I have no idea how stressful it would be.  We just have our pets 🐶🐱

• Like 1

CIB-3-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Silver-Star-1.jpgBronze-Star-1.jpg
World-War-II-Victory-3-1.jpg European-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpgBingo-2.jpg

Personnel-1.png
SS-6-Months-1.png

22 hours ago, McDowell 1st MRB said:

For fun? Just play a bunch of video games honestly lol though I'm also part of a few organizations that deal more with outside life 😛

SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism)
www.sca.org
Basically a medieval re-creation group and we do our own thing and what not. There's royalty and stuff too.

N-SSA (North-South Skirmish Association)
www.n-ssa.org
Not really civil war re-enactment stuff, we 'skirmish' Basically, we dress up and then shoot at targets in competition shoots with period weapons. (Muskets, Carbine, Mortars, Cannons, Revolvers, etc.) All black powder weapons.

As for work .. well, it's an interesting time right now. I'm a Senior Sales Engineer at SolarWinds
www.solarwinds.com
Can't really go into much here because of legal reasons with everything going on lol

That is some cool shit!

I just game mostly. Obviously have my 8th ID here and am getting into scripting custom NPCs/dungeons/events for mods on Conan Exiles.

For hobbies, its games, writing, some drawing, graphic design tinkering, and listening to thought provoking PodCasts/YouTube channels about topics I enjoy and find intriguing. I sometimes go shooting and will hopefully start some camping or historical location road tripping with fam.

For work, I work for a Software Company.

Garza

Edited by Garza 8th ID

A. Garza |8th ID|

{Garzilla}

CIB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

Good-Conduct-1.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaig

World-War-II-Victory-3-1.jpgArmed-Forces-Service-2.jpgBingo-6.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpg

AIT-Ribbon.jpgArmy_Service_Ribbon.jpg

OWI.pnginstructor-1.png

SS-2-Years.png

I mainly play video games for fun. Other then that I watch hockey and nascar. For work I work for a remodeling company where we mainly do interior work like kitchens and baths. Would really like to get into more of a tech career but haven't made any advancements yet since I've only held jobs in construction. In September my wife and I are expecting a kid so that'll take up most of my time for a while.

• Like 2

CONQYPa.png

For fun, mostly DOD:S.  I just recently got into a health kick and dropped 50lbs.  Added all sorts of gym equipment to my basement.  Plus landscaping around my yard. I like sports - used to coach my daughter's teams and also played a ton of Men's softball. May try to get back to it now that I'm in better shape.  I'm also a NY Yankees and Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

I currently work as a Finance Director for an Aerospace company

Edited by Gilly 8th iD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CIB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgArmy-Achievement-2.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpg

European-Africian-Middle-Eastern-CampaigBingo.jpgWorld-War-II-Victory-2-1.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-4-1.jpg

AIT-Ribbon.jpghttps://images.eighthid.com/awards/Army_Service_Ribbon.jpgPrisoner-of-War-1.jpgPurple-Heart-2-1.jpgBingo_5.jpg

SS-2-Years.png

•  

It had been about 8-10 years since I last played dods - came back about 2 months ago and here we are! 

Really happy this community exists! 

When I’m not playing Dods-

I’ll usually be out playing golf, taking a road trip somewhere, painting, snowboarding, watching movies.... with this whole corona thing, I miss live music the most. Miss concerts. 
Im a big poker guy. Love a good Vegas trip to play some live events! Big fan of sports mainly soccer- but I’ll watch basketball, tennis, golf, hockey etc. Also miss traveling outside the US - hopefully a lot more of that soon! 

As for work - I’m in the film industry so job takes me around- definitely one of  it’s perks! 

“life is about finding what makes your soul move and being truthful to that, whatever that may be” 

• Like 2

1028_3.png

CIB-2-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-2.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

Bronze-Star-2-1.jpgGood-Conduct-1.jpgPurple-Heart-1.jpg

OWI.png operations-1.png

SS-18-Months.png

Big sports fan here. Mostly St. Louis teams with the Cardinals and Blues, but I'm also a huge Arsenal supporter and Kansas Jayhawks fan. Free time is hard to come by with my profession but when I get it, I usually use it to see family back in the midwest. I have been long distance from them for going on 12 years now (7 years in LA, 5 in NYC) and hoping this remoting sticks so I can just move back.

I'm a digital colorist and online editor/finisher for television shows. Mostly crappy reality ones at the moment but I've done documentaries, shark week shows and a couple of feature films in the past. Reality pays the bills though.

McMillan is living the best life so far. Wish I had the balls to do that.

• Like 3

CIB-3-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Meritorious_Unit_Citation_5.jpgPresidential_Unit_Citation_5.jpg

Legion-of-Merit-1.jpgBronze-Star-4-1.jpgAmerican-Defense-Service-3-1.jpg.1eca1161768f476c4b22f371f9f9d870.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgArmy-Achievement.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgWorld-War-II-Victory-2-1.jpgBingo.jpg

operations-1.png

SS-2-Years.png

Realism Leader/Assistant Record: 7-0

I work as a salesman in the waterworks industry, I used to work at a frito-lay plant operating a fryer to make doritos and tostitos. I have a girlfriend of almost 4 years, and a 3 year old Rottweiler named Atlas.I enjoy playing softball, bowling, golfing badly, and playing CSGO on a team with Kross.

Edited by Montague 8th ID
Noelle whined at me
  • Like 3

CIB-3-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-6.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-6.jpg

American-Defense-Service-1.jpgDistinguished-Service-Cross-3-1.jpgSilver-Star-6.jpgBronze-Star-6.jpg

Purple-Heart-6.jpgBronze-Star-Valor.jpgWorld-War-II-Victory-3-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaig

Asiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgGood-Conduct-1.jpgArmed_Forces_Service_5.jpgArmy_Service_Ribbon.jpg

AIT-Ribbon.jpgBingo-5.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpg

operations-1.png 

SS-18-Months.png

goldengarand_past.png

goldengarand_past.png

Cum lux abest, tenebrae vincunt.

Rize's Barista Skills [GochiUsa] GIF by Mepwn | Gfycat

I'm a barista.

I really enjoy anime, but I also like non-anime stuff like Lord of the Rings (my favorite movies of all time).

I dabble in making videos. I've made let's plays, sniper montages, AMVs, and some other stuff. I'd like to get a new computer so I can do more.

I read a fair bit. I just finished "The Righteous Mind" by Jonathan Haidt, and have started "Signature Classics" by C.S. Lewis. I sometimes listen to audiobooks.

I played travel soccer, and I now casually enjoy sports, although shit gets real once my competitive side comes out lol.

I'm also a university student; English Secondary Education major, English as a Second Language minor.

This summer I'm going to start going to the gym three days a week.

I don't play as many video games anymore, although I do still spend a great deal of time on DoD:S, Rocket League, and RuneScape.

Edited by Fox 8th ID
  • Like 2

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Søren Kierkegaard

For work, I'm a Cloud Computing Consultant.

At home, I have two kids (4 and 1) that take up a solid amount of my time. I played poker pre-Covid. Looking forward to getting back to that now that poker rooms are on the way back. I also enjoy outdoor running. For gaming, I enjoy older strategy games like Rise of Nations or Age of Empires II. Lanier and Company have gotten me into Company of Heroes 2 recently. Hopefully I'll stop sucking at that in the near future and be able to keep up with them.

• Like 2

CIB-2-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Legion-of-Merit-1.jpgAIT-Ribbon-2.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgWorld-War-II-Victory-1.jpgArmy-Commendation-1.jpgBingo.jpg

operations-1.pngtech-1.pngPersonnel-1.png

SS-6-Months-1.png

573_101.png

You can typically find me out on a golf course most weekends but recently most of my time has been taken up with doing projects around the house as my wife and I prepare for our daughter, due at the end of July. As for work, my background is in exercise physiology and I worked in strength & conditioning the last few years. Recently transitioned out of the field and am now a real estate agent.

• Like 2

CIB-2-1.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-2.jpg.83c9bd4d469c509aaf5473196f4616a7.jpgPresidential-Unit-Citation-1.jpg

American-Defense-Service-1.jpgBingo-3.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpgWW2V.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpg

European-Africian-Middle-Eastern-Campaign-1.jpgBronze-Star-1.jpgArmy_Service_Ribbon.jpgGood-Conduct-1.jpgAIT-Ribbon.jpg

armystaff-1.pnginstructor-1.pngMilitary-Police.pngoperations-1.png

SS-6-Months-1.png

Command Staff: 2nd Lieutenant

Military Police: NCOIC

Official Realism Record

Realism Lead: 1-0

What do I do for fun?

Well, I like going to the movies and watching TV. I enjoy playing video games online with my friends. I enjoy spending time with my wife, kid and sometimes my dog Blue. I’m a very simple guy, so much so I have 5 of the same shirt and pants.

What do I do? 

I am a Network/System Administrator for a K12 public school in Texas.

1_207.png

Combat Infantry BadgePathfinder Badge

Meritorious Unit Citation w/ 3 OLCPresidential Unit Citation w/ 3 OLC

Prisoner-of-War-1.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpgDistinguished Service RibbonAmerican Defense Service Ribbon w/ 2 OLCArmy Achievement Ribbon w/ 1 OLCPurple Heart Ribbon

European African Middle Eastern Campaign RibbonAsian Pacific Campaign RibbonWorld War II Victory Ribbon w/ 2 StarsEvent Recognition Ribbon w/ 2 OLCArmy Service RibbonProfessional Development Ribbon

Command Staff

24 Month Service Stripe

Outside of DoD:S, I try to mod any games I have. Always fun to go through the code and assets, and even just playing mods that was made by other people and see what their process was. Outside of shooters, I play a lot of strategy games, such as Civ5, Starcraft, and GFL.

Pre-covid, I used to do recreational archery. I started to hike and cycle more now though. Mostly recreational, and I just go around and practice my photography skills.

I'm an university student who majored in Architecture. My concentration mostly lies on the more technical aspects of the building. I try to keep my summer breaks busy, so I started work for an electrical consultation company to learn more about the physical aspect of architecture right from the site, and project coordination along the way.

CIB-2-1.png.768a068a44ac13ed16f1a3ee279463d6.png

Meritorious-Unit-Citation-2.jpg.83c9bd4d469c509aaf5473196f4616a7.jpg

World-War-II-Victory-1.jpgAIT-Ribbon.jpg

타향에서 떠도는 사람

• 3 weeks later...

I work for an insurance company, when I slack off I read a lot and listen to music or watch old French movies. Off work I game, hike, work on my tan. read some more, hang out with my twin, fail at growing facial hair. 

I read mostly fantasy, philosophy, history books, and some poetry when the mood is there. For music I'm pretty eclectic, though I've recently taken a deeper dive into metal and it's extreme genres like Melodic Death and Black, and some less extreme ones like jazz fusion metal.

I'm excited for the upcoming Euro Cup (soccer), I'd like to see how Belgium will do, by the gods of beer and fries they deserved to win the last world cup. On a mildly related note..Fuck Cristiano Ronaldo!

Never saw this original post!

What do I do:
I'm an Infantry Officer in the U.S. Army

What do I LIKE doing:
Playing this game with you all, movies/TV with my wife, playing with my two kids (3 and 6), SPORTS 24/7 (watching, playing, reading about, talking about, etc.), building and painting models, reading books, and golfing.

My sports teams are the Reds (MLB), Bengals (NFL), and Stars (NHL). I like various college teams for different sports.

358_3.png

spacer.png

CIB-3-1.png

CMB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Presidential-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgMeritorious-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Distinguished-Service-2-1.jpgPurple-Heart-1.jpg

https://images.eighthid.com/awards/Meritorious%20Service%20Ribbon.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpgArmy-Achievement-2.jpg
Prisoner-of-War-1.jpgGood-Conduct-1.jpgAmerican_Defense_Service_5.jpg
Asiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-CampaigWorld-War-II-Victory-4-1.jpg
Bingo-6.jpgAIT-Ribbon-3.jpghttps://images.eighthid.com/awards/Army_Service_Ribbon.jpg

armystaff-1.pnginstructor-1.pngrecruiter-1.pngPersonnel-1.pngoperations-1.pngMilitary-Police.png

SS-2-Years.png

Previous Positions

Command Staff - Executive Officer
TrainingMilitary Police, PersonnelRecruitmentOperations - OIC

2021 World War II Realism Campaign Organizer

Official Realism Record
Leader - 5-0
Assistant Leader - 2-0

Inner Unit - 0-2

• 2 weeks later...

What do I do:
By day I'm a UC(Unified Communications) Engineer. Basically I support 9k users and 16k phones and voicemail systems.

I've started dabbling in stocks and crypto on the side. Small investments only for now.

What do I LIKE doing:

Sports, was big into baseball growing up and as my career in that ended I started playing competitive softball. Now I only play in some local leagues as tying up every weekend out of town playing was a bit much. Especially once I obtained the elusive girlfriend and our four legged pup, Sakura(Yes we are Naruto fans. But it also translates to Cherry Blossom in Japanese)

Anything outdoors. Hunting, Fishing, Four wheeling. 

Lastly cars, I drive a mustang but I enjoy all cars, trucks and motorcycles. Basically if its loud and fast i'm down.

BeanChillin.jpg

Buck_9point3.jpg

BassFishing.jpg

• Like 1

Failure is success if we learn from it

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 6:06 PM, Klutch 8th ID said:

What do I do:
By day I'm a UC(Unified Communications) Engineer. Basically I support 9k users and 16k phones and voicemail systems.

I've started dabbling in stocks and crypto on the side. Small investments only for now.

What do I LIKE doing:

Sports, was big into baseball growing up and as my career in that ended I started playing competitive softball. Now I only play in some local leagues as tying up every weekend out of town playing was a bit much. Especially once I obtained the elusive girlfriend and our four legged pup, Sakura(Yes we are Naruto fans. But it also translates to Cherry Blossom in Japanese)

Anything outdoors. Hunting, Fishing, Four wheeling. 

Lastly cars, I drive a mustang but I enjoy all cars, trucks and motorcycles. Basically if its loud and fast i'm down.

BeanChillin.jpg

Buck_9point3.jpg

BassFishing.jpg

Klutch, what level did you play basebell up to? You make it sound like you got pretty high. Which is AWESOME in my books.

358_3.png

spacer.png

CIB-3-1.png

CMB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Presidential-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgMeritorious-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Distinguished-Service-2-1.jpgPurple-Heart-1.jpg

https://images.eighthid.com/awards/Meritorious%20Service%20Ribbon.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpgArmy-Achievement-2.jpg
Prisoner-of-War-1.jpgGood-Conduct-1.jpgAmerican_Defense_Service_5.jpg
Asiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-CampaigWorld-War-II-Victory-4-1.jpg
Bingo-6.jpgAIT-Ribbon-3.jpghttps://images.eighthid.com/awards/Army_Service_Ribbon.jpg

armystaff-1.pnginstructor-1.pngrecruiter-1.pngPersonnel-1.pngoperations-1.pngMilitary-Police.png

SS-2-Years.png

Previous Positions

Command Staff - Executive Officer
TrainingMilitary Police, PersonnelRecruitmentOperations - OIC

2021 World War II Realism Campaign Organizer

Official Realism Record
Leader - 5-0
Assistant Leader - 2-0

Inner Unit - 0-2

• 3 weeks later...

What do I do? I am disabled veteran, so I don't have a job per say. Any work I do though is cash only, or under a certain income limit. I have done IT/Server administration, and I sometimes do seasonal jobs that are well below that limit - usually around Halloween. My main job right now though, is helping my friend with his pond business. I help him do drain and cleaning of ponds, pond build, pond renovations, ect. 

What do I LIKE doing?  It varies depending on the time of year. I love to hike/walk, I chase storms/hurricanes if they are within 1500 miles of me. I like camping, fishing, star gazing, and anything science related. I enjoy going to certain special events that happen 3 times a year (Spring, Fall, and Winter) and you will see one of those pop up in Sept for a week-end. 

• Like 1

CIB-1-1.png

Presidential-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Personnel-1.png

SS-6-Months.png

• 2 months later...

What do i do:

I'm a chef in a restaurant from a hotel.
I also run their facebook and instagram.
You can also follow them here (the more followers, the better 😉 😉 😉
https://www.facebook.com/hotel.taverne.restaurant.vivaldi/
https://www.instagram.com/hotel_vivaldi/

What i like to do:
In my free time i play competition Darts and off course i like to cook.
I'm also a freelance BBQ cook for small party's at a catering office.
For the rest i'm spending a lot of time in the weekends with my kid wich is a kidmodel for a couple of agencies.
The rest of my freetime goes to my wife and off course a bit of DOD:S 😉

Staff Sergeant M. Koolmees

Recruitment: Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge

Personnel: Clerk

Wartime Intelligence: Writer (Recipes)

CIB-3-1.pngCMB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Presidential_Unit_Citation_5.jpgMeritorious-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpg

Prisoner-of-War-1.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpgPurple_Heart_5.jpg

Army-Achievement-2.jpgAsiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-CampaigWorld-War-II-Victory-2-1.jpg

Bingo-4.jpgArmed-Forces-Service.jpgArmy_Service_Ribbon.jpgAIT-Ribbon.jpg

recruiter-1.pngPersonnel-1.pngOWI.png

SS-2-Years.png