The Anime Cafe

Fox

28233F1D25283EB22862615577AE659C26FEE5AA

For sharing everything about anime or Japan: waifus, body-pillows, pilgrimages to holy weeb sites across the globe, orrrrr just talking about your favorite shows / mangas like "normal" people. Meme it up, invite your friends to hang out, proselytize our ways; just be cool and have fun.

Closeted or proud, old or new, all weebs and non-weebs are welcome! ^_^

[mention]Rotte 8th ID[/mention]

[mention]Burke 8th ID[/mention]

[mention]McDowell 1st MRB[/mention]

I actually haven't watched that many animes (what a poseur, I know). But some of my favorites are Spirited Away, Cowboy Bebop, Kimi no Na wa., Violet Evergarden, and the Monogatari series. The .gif above is from the Kizumonogatari films.

Edited by Fox 8th ID

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Søren Kierkegaard

Fox! This makes me happy. I shall indulge my weeb-side for this.

Me revealing my weeb-side:

tenor.gif?itemid=15572197

358_3.png

spacer.png

CIB-3-1.png

CMB-1-1.pngpathfinder-1.png

Presidential-Unit-Citation-3-1.jpgMeritorious-Unit-Citation-2-1.jpg

Distinguished-Service-2-1.jpgPurple-Heart-1.jpg

https://images.eighthid.com/awards/Meritorious%20Service%20Ribbon.jpgLegion-of-Merit-1.jpgArmy-Achievement-2.jpg
Prisoner-of-War-1.jpgGood-Conduct-1.jpgAmerican_Defense_Service_5.jpg
Asiatic-Pacific-Campaign-1.jpgEuropean-Africian-Middle-Eastern-CampaigWorld-War-II-Victory-4-1.jpg
Bingo-6.jpgAIT-Ribbon-3.jpghttps://images.eighthid.com/awards/Army_Service_Ribbon.jpg

armystaff-1.pnginstructor-1.pngrecruiter-1.pngPersonnel-1.pngoperations-1.pngMilitary-Police.png

SS-2-Years.png

Previous Positions

Command Staff - Executive Officer
TrainingMilitary Police, PersonnelRecruitmentOperations - OIC

2021 World War II Realism Campaign Organizer

Official Realism Record
Leader - 5-0
Assistant Leader - 2-0

Inner Unit - 0-2

Yay! It's Rotte in his weeb form! :D

Still haven't seen Gundam. Or Evangelion. I need to get on that.

I have seen a mecha anime before though; all of Darling in the FRANXX. Fun watch but wasn't particularly wowed.

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Søren Kierkegaard

Also, if you enjoy Gundam @Rotte 8th ID you may also enjoy Code Geass

Nice Light Yagami prof pic. 8-)

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

[mention]Fox 8th ID[/mention] I have a problem with starting a lot of anime and never finishing them but heres a list of some I recommend. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Aku No Hana, Psycho Pass, Inuyasha, Death Note, Steins;Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Fullmetal Alchemist, Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (aka the feels), Parasyte: The Maxim, The Seven Deadly Sins, Code Geass,

@Fox 8th ID I have a problem with starting a lot of anime and never finishing them but heres a list of some I recommend. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Aku No Hana, Psycho Pass, Inuyasha, Death Note, Steins;Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Fullmetal Alchemist, Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (aka the feels), Parasyte: The Maxim, The Seven Deadly Sins, Code Geass,

Very nice list, Fielding. ^_^ Psycho Pass and Death Note have been on my radar for a while now. I heard the ending of Tokyo Ghoul was a big let-down so I haven't tried it. I've seen Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0, the latter of which doesn't quite reach the heights of the former in my opinion, but then again the original series is a hard act to follow-up.

I remember seeing Inuyasha on late night Cartoon Network when I was very young and it disturbed me greatly lol.

Some of my favorite feels-shinkansen to ride are "Kimi no Na wa" and "I want to eat your pancreas", as well as Violet Evergarden. Beautiful animes. I'll be sure to check out Anohana.

I got [mention]Rotte 8th ID[/mention] to start watching this but I'm not sure if he's still with it; this show isn't for everyone. But I honestly love the Monogatari series. Starts with Bakemonogatari. That show really defies all genre pigeon-holing. #it'snotaharem As Cowboy Bebop put it, "A work which becomes a new genre itself..." I've never had so much fun watching a show in my life, but I'm a bit eccentric.

The Fate series is also good! I haven't watched anything other than Zero and Stay Night though.

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

I never watched all of Cowboy Bebop but I'm a fan, love the music. Still listen to the opening theme every once in a while it's a jam. My guilty pleasure is Deathnote, I'm a metal man and them goth girls always get me.

I caught a bit of Samurai Shamploo and Tenchi Something or the other on adult swim back in the day. Inuyasha too, had a lot of chick friends who were super weebs about it in high school lol

Evangelion is really weird without even doing a deep dive. The ending has some artist vs consumer depending on which one you watch, so if you feel like the shows trying to attack you dont pay attention to it.

Fullmetal alchemist is one of my favorites, and I still cant make up my mind which version I like better, the original or brotherhood, I like parts of each and kind of want to mash the pieces of each I like together lol.

[Edit: this is a draft I thought I lost on my phone lmao, sorry for practically double posting]

borrowedtime4.png

I never watched all of Cowboy Bebop but I'm a fan, love the music. Still listen to the opening theme every once in a while it's a jam. My guilty pleasure is Deathnote, I'm a metal man and them goth girls always get me.

I caught a bit of Samurai Shamploo and Tenchi Something or the other on adult swim back in the day. Inuyasha too, had a lot of chick friends who were super weebs about it in high school lol

Evangelion is really weird without even doing a deep dive. The ending has some artist vs consumer depending on which one you watch, so if you feel like the shows trying to attack you dont pay attention to it.

Fullmetal alchemist is one of my favorites, and I still cant make up my mind which version I like better, the original or brotherhood, I like parts of each and kind of want to mash the pieces of each I like together lol.

[Edit: this is a draft I thought I lost on my phone lmao, sorry for practically double posting]

Cowboy Bebop is amazing. I still gotta' watch Samurai Champloo though. Heard it's also great.

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

[mention]Fielding 1st MRB[/mention] ^ lmao, that is a hilarious meme my dude! I haven't seen that one in a hot minute. I've been pretty meh past couple days, but you've raised my spirit. <3

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb

[mention]Garza 8th ID[/mention] Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Aku No Hana, Psycho Pass, Inuyasha, Death Note, Steins;Gate, Tokyo Ghoul, Fullmetal Alchemist, Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (aka the feels), Parasyte: The Maxim, The Seven Deadly Sins, Code Geass, If you really want a light start to anime and like giant robots check out Gundam wing, Gundam Mobile Suit00 Gundam Seed Gundam Seed Destiny all great places to start for light anime. Or there is the super intro which would be Avatar the last airbender or Bleach

Oh I love FMA: BRotherhood. thats my favorite one!

Thanks for the suggestions

I don't know how new you are to anime, but all of the ones Fielding and Snake suggested are very good! I haven't necessarily seen them all myself, and a few of them weren't for me, but I mean that lots and lots of people recommend those. ^_^

My taste in anime is more slice-of-life, although I have seen some action / sci-fi shows, etc. So like, Iroduku: The World in Color; Your Name (Kimi no Na wa.); Oregairu seasons 1-3; Sound! Euphonium...

I think I'm forgetting a couple but you've already received a million recommendations so that's okay haha.

untitled - GIF on Imgur

Resident Weeb